Sunday, September 25, 2011

One of My First in Portraits from a Photo

Best Pals
My neighbor and dear friend, Chester, celebrated his birthday yesterday. He had taken the photograph for the above painting himself with his beloved, Rusty, sitting on his lap. I decided to surprise him and paint the photo for his birthday. He was so overwhelmed when he received it he almost cried. Now that's when you know someone really loves something you have done for him. He was overjoyed and it thrilled me. This was one I enjoyed painting and actually one of the first portraits I've completed of someone I know. Now I'm back to birds. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, you've captured a wonderful expression in Chester's eyes, and his dog, Rusty also. Your story gave me goosebumps. You should do more portraits!!!

    ReplyDelete