Wednesday, October 12, 2011

HOP ON THE BUS GUS..................

Sweet Retirement Days
I'm so excited. I've finally seen the light! I haven't done much plein air painting. This is my first one in oil that I painted at my husband's hunting camp.  I have always been a photographer, taking pictures from a very young age. Lighting has always been a fascination when taking pictures outdoors. But now I have actually seen the colors in the light and they are amazing! I am looking at things with a whole new perspective. Looking at the way the light changes the colors of things and really seeing was a big eye opener. What an amazing and beautiful world our Lord created for us to enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Debbie! All the vibrant colors and shadows are just wonderful. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Debbie. I don't always see the light, but when I have I agree it is an amazing. I'll keep working on it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING, DEBBIE!

    YOU GOTTA TOOT YOUR OWN HORN LOUDER, GIRL!

    I AM SO PROUD TO BE YOUR COUSIN :)
    POST YOUR WORK ON MY FB PAGE, MAYBE?

    PUT ME ON YOUR EMAIL UPDATES LIST, PLEASE;
    MALACHIWV@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done, Debbie! I agree about plein aire, it's a whole new world of painting. I discovered that at a Peggi Kroll Roberts workshop.
    All the best, Cathy

    ReplyDelete