Sunday, July 14, 2013

A New Journey

Abbey Ryan and Debbie Denstorff

 I started a new journey with my painting in
April 2013. I had been an admirer of Abbey Ryan's paintings for almost 5-6 years and have had the opportunity to purchase a couple. In April, I took the opportunity to take one of her Private Painting Mentoring session and there is where my journey has taken me. Through this incredible mentoring, I was able to find out my strengths and learn that I wanted to paint more from life. The majority of my paintings up until now have been from photographs I have taken. I feel I have had the opportunity to see things in a whole new way. Abbey has a wonderful way of teaching and if you have every considered something like private mentoring, I highly recommend it.


I can't say it has been easy, but it has definitely been fun and I look forward to going to my studio as often as I can. The two paintings below were painted in Sedona, Arizona, where I attended a workshop with Abbey in June of this year. I have continued to work on still life paintings and will be posting them later in the week. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I was so tickled to see this blog post! Your paintings looks so beautiful, and they are even prettier in real life. Looking forward to seeing more, sweet friend. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete